Thursday, June 09, 2005

The Joy of Sign

There are few bright spots in my summer. Though one bright spot that gets me through my week, is my ASL I class. I had always been interested in sign language, started while back in my undergrad, later taken a few six-week courses via the local school district's adult education program, but this time around I thought I would do it right and enrolled in the local community college. American Sign Language is a beautifully visual language and I really enjoy learning it. I have just recently decided that I am going to go through all four levels offered at the community college and then become certified as a sign language interpreter. Well it really isn't a recent decision, but rather than just dream it, I finally decided to get off my ass and actually do it! Sometimes I find myself dreaming all sorts of dreams, looking into them, then watching them fall away like so many blossoms in a summer rain. I need to make something more for myself, than just wishing for something better in my life. So here I am back at the community college, even though I have a masters, redefining my life, and what I want to make out of it. No more sitting on the sidelines. Ah the joy of sign.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home