Monday, June 13, 2005

For the Better

Sometimes people come into our lives, even if for a short time, and change them greatly. Whether for good or bad, this change is always for the better. Christopher is just one of those people. Though in this case Chris has become a friend that will be greatly missed. I met Chris through work, and from the first instance we both knew we were going to be very good friends. In the past several months our friendship has grown, and Chris has come to change my life more than I could ever imagine. Truth be told, it is because of Chris that I got off my ass and went back to school for Sign Language. He has also given me something that I had needed, a goal in life. Chris is leaving on Tuesday to move to Portland, Oregon with his boyfriend. We've talked, and I plan to follow them out there within a year. That is my goal now. I have always wanted to leave Florida and head out west, but Chris has now given me the drive and desire to see my dreams through, something I had thought I lost long ago. Chris has become my friend, my confidant, my brother. Though we plan to keep in touch, he still will be greatly missed. He has no idea really how profoundly he has affected my life, but he has definitely changed it for the better. I love you Chris, and thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home