Monday, August 29, 2005

Weekend Doldrums

You know I really don't mind being single, during the week I've work and school to keep me occupied. The trouble with singledom is more evident though on the weekends. I've noone to take out to dinner, to go to movies, to take out of town for a daytrip. The emptiness of the weekends just seem to drag on forever. Friends help fill the days, but most of my friends either now live out of state, or are too far of a drive away, that gas prices nowadays make the trip more trouble than it's worth. Not to say I just sit twiddling my thumbs. I do chores around the house, sometimes craft, bake cookies, but there is only so much you can do before you go stir-crazy. So I go out, drive to Borders and wander around with my mocha breve. I take myself out to dinner, or a movie, but there's no conversation, noone to talk to when the movie's done. However, I don't want a boyfriend just so I have something to do on the weekends. That's rather selfish. I don't want a boyfriend to complete me. As I have learned, I'm as complete an individual as I'm ever going to be. A whole person worthy of love. And that's why I want a boyfriend, someone to complement me, someone that I can share my life, my experiences, my existence with. Therefore I suppose I must experience singledom to its fullest, before I can be ready for coupledom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home