Sunday, August 07, 2005

"Nothing as Strange as People. . ."

Queer as Folk! It's kind of funny to think how three little words from Britain have changed so many lives. I just finished watching the series finale tonight of QAF and I feel both joyous and sad at the same time. I have come to view these individuals, these friends, this family as if were my own. I never really have had friends like them, or even a family like that. It was comforting to let these characters into my life and to think, that even for a brief moment, I was there on Liberty Avenue, sharing their stories with them. In the end these are our stories, the stories of gay men and women everywhere, that needed to be told. But now there is a void, yet even though QAF has come to an end, our stories still unfold, our lives still go on. Some of our stories may yet still be told, some may fade away into normalcy. Yet they still remain, as we do, always. QAF has changed the lives of many, and will still. Though all good things must come to an end, and thus we bid adieu. Thank you QAF for our stories. Rest in Peace.

2 Comments:

At August 10, 2005 3:32 PM, Blogger ghostlight said...

Okay, where are all the comments??? I'm sure I would have gotten some with this post.

 
At August 12, 2005 1:54 AM, Blogger Grace said...

Thanks for popping in and if half-nAAked Thursday intrigues you, then join in next week! lol QAF is a good show. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home