Wednesday, August 17, 2005

The Reluctant Prince Charming

There is a Prince Charming in my life, or at least I think there might be. . .eventually. Tell you the truth, I'm not sure. I know he's there, standing in the wings, he's just a little reluctant to make his entrance. In a sense he's become my Reluctant Prince Charming (or, for brevity's sake, my RPC).

My RPC is actually a close friend of one of my co-workers, whose been trying to set us up for month's now. She regales us with stories of one another, and we both agree we want to meet, but then here is where he becomes my RPC. He's rather shy it seems, and having been burned by love before, more than a little gun-shy. As my friend has told me, he's just a little scared and nervous, fearful of rejection. Then again, as I have told him in one of our many passed love notes (okay, one from him, two from me), I feel the same, for believe me, love as been quiet cruel to me as well.

For months now, we have waited and waited for my RPC to call, and finally he does, trouble is I was at lunch. Grrrr. Seems he called four times today, but each time he reaches my voicemail, gets so nervous not knowing what to say, he hangs up. When my co-worker tells me this I nearly feel my heart in my throat, finally he calls. But alas, as I sit at my desk, staring at the phone, it deems not to ring. When it finally rings, I'm across the room, and bound across to answer, only to find a woman on the other end asking about a magazine subscription for my library. Grrrr again. He'll call again, I'm sure he will. The shyness at times is quite endearing, if irritating. So I'll wait for my RPC, albeit reluctantly myself. Though I tell you this. . . I'm NOT taking a lunch again.

4 Comments:

At August 20, 2005 2:16 PM, Blogger Fire-Eyes said...

Hey...where was my phone call! I ha no idea....your a twirp sometimes..but I o still love you!

 
At August 21, 2005 2:23 PM, Blogger ghostlight said...

Well. . .nothing really to call home about yet. . .thus the reluctant part of his name. :oP

 
At August 22, 2005 9:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So why not call HIM?!! Your co-worker said he called your caller ID says it..So call and say,I see you called and missed me..I am sorry,I thought I'd return your call and at least meet you half, way as you have been good enough to call me so often.

Or something quirky like telephone tag is fun and all but here's to getting a liver person.Tag your it! LOL!

Something of that nature he,he!

I hope you meet soon,how exciting for you! I am still waiting on my Prince(Yes I am married) long story..
Blessed Be.
Natty

 
At August 22, 2005 1:38 PM, Blogger ghostlight said...

Well Natty, I would call him back, but. . .he called my work phone. . .no such thing as caller ID. :o) Though I did just get a long letter from him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home