Sunday, December 04, 2005

The Holiday Ten


Christmas is one of my most favorite times of year. The decorations, the music, the feeling of togetherness with family and friends. In my blogdom journeys, I've come across this wonderous meme from LargeTony. He is a great and wonderful person. His blogs are filled with a raw emotion that I find refreshing, and a writing style that is so enlightening that I find myself a little bit jealous that I can't write that way. This meme is entitled The Holiday Ten.

The Holiday Ten

Instructions: Copy and paste the questions to your blog (with your answers, not mine).

One. What is your favorite holiday movie?

Love Actually. Many might not think it a holiday movie, but the entire film is set during the Christmas Season. What can I say, I'm a sucker for a romantic comedy.

Two. What is your favorite holiday song (title and artist)?

Carol of the Bells.

Three. What’s the best holiday gift you were ever given, and why?

Tickets to see Seussical: The Musical. Just because I'm a musical theatre nut.

Four. Do you have a special someone to kiss at the stroke of midnight on New Year’s?

NO. NO. NO. *sad face*

Five. Name of your favorite reindeer?

Vixen. I imagine he's the hot, adonis reindeer.

Six. Favorite Holiday food?

Well that would have to be my family's homemade Carrot Pudding. (It's a bread pudding really, but it's an old old family recipe, and that's what it was called back then.)

Seven. Snow day — cuddle by the fire, or hand me a snowball?

Why cuddle by the fire of course, with a good wine, candlelight, and my love. (That's all I want for Christmas.)

Eight. What was your New Year’s resolution for this year? Did you stick to it?

I can never stick to resolutions.

Nine. Is there really a Santa Claus?

Jolly ol' St. Nick. Father Christmas is always alive in my heart.

Ten. Present, or stocking stuffer?

Stocking stuffers. . .the smallest gifts always mean the most.

5 Comments:

At December 04, 2005 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vixen is a girl. :) And you can cuddle by the fire, but nothing beats a good snowball fight.

 
At December 04, 2005 2:43 PM, Blogger ghostlight said...

Actually I always thought all the reindeer were boys. . they all have antlers don't they??? *Smirk*

 
At December 04, 2005 6:05 PM, Blogger Curtis said...

I like Vixen too. I think perhaps she's really a drag queen and that always livens up a party!

 
At December 05, 2005 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Carol of the Bells"...I think it rivals "Little Drummer Boy" for most annoying christmas song. :-)

 
At December 05, 2005 8:00 AM, Blogger ghostlight said...

Well it was either that one. . .or the version of "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen" by Barenaked Ladies with Sarah McLachlan.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home