Tuesday, October 25, 2005

En Autumnum

Wilma has come and gone. Here in Central Florida we received merely wind and rain, nothing major. However, Wilma brought with her a welcome and pleasant surprise, Autumn has finally arrived in Central Florida. Autumn is my favorite time of year, mild days, crisp chilly evenings with a lovely breeze. I love to just stand outside and smell the cool air, smiling all the while. Though in Florida, Autumn comes late, last only a few weeks and then fades into a balmy winter. Florida really has but one season, HOT. The few times of year, like now, when it get's cold enough for a light sweater and hot chocolate, I treasure. I just wish it would last longer, and it's times like this I wish I were further north, where the real seasons lie, watching the leaves turn and fall, and pumpkins dot the landscape. One day that will be true, but now, I treasure my Autumn day until the weekend when we warm up again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home