Friday, September 02, 2005

Sucker Punched

Figuratively I feel like I've been sucker punched in the kidneys. Literally it amounts to the same thing. I have had my promotion yanked from under me in the most downright, rottenest way possible. Makes me just want to spit!! For months, I have been the only candidate for this position I had interviewed for, until about two weeks ago, when another manager decides he wants to make a lateral move and expresses interest. This guy has little to no experience in General Education, and yet, because he does have a masters and is currently already a program manager, they give the position to him. And he has the gall yesterday to laud it over me!! Not only does he start advertising his new position amongst the school, before it was made official (ie, before I was told I didn't get the promotion), he tells me yesterday that he's going to want to rely heavily on me to help him rebuild the department, the department that was suppose to be mine!!! I just fumed. . .nodded my head, but fumed and envisioned his head imploding in upon itself. I want to scream. I want to throw something. I want to hit someone. If I could afford to leave my job I would, but unfortunately right now in this economy I must just sit back, take the punch, grimance, and return to being the docile librarian. Grrrrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home