Wednesday, September 14, 2005

RPC Redux

Things had been going so well with the reluctant prince charming, then my RPC had to screw up, royally.

My RPC was beginning to come out of his shell. The notes back and forth were becoming more frequent, his latest I used to carry around in my wallet, a wallet by the way that he had given to me by way of our mutual friend. Used to?!?!? Why don't I still carry the note around many of you may wonder. Well like I said, the RPC just had to fall from the tiny pedestal I had put him on, and to tell you the truth I don't think he'll find his way back up there anytime soon.

After the bruhah of my lost promotion, my co-worker had finally convinced the RPC that is was time to finally go out and do something, mainly to pull me out of my slight depression over the whole nasty affair. Well the weekend came and went, and yet nothing transpired, I didn't even get a phone call from my co-worker. Needless to say I was rather pissed when I came into work. Let's just say that my anger pailed in comparison to the co-worker's. Now comes the point in the story where the RPC messed up.

To give you a little background, the RPC had been taking care of his ex-boyfriend whose was dying from AIDS, which he had contracted from the boyfriend after the RPC. I found this rather endearing, it showed me that here was a compassionate man who would be there even when times got tough. Though what he was found doing that Saturday, rather unforgivable. My co-worker, who has been friends with the RPC since high-school, went to his house that morning. . . and found him fucking his ex-boyfriend!!! Considering the state the ex-boyfriend was in, we still are unsure of whether he was even aware or not of what was happening to him. So needless to say, the co-worker removed the ex-boyfriend from the situation and has cut all communication with the RPC. Even though I have lost my RPC, because I doubt this is something I can accept, or even forgive, but my co-worker. . .she's lost a good friend of 10+ years. Right now it's her I'm trying to keep from falling apart.

This though leads me back to square one. Single. . .and loathing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home